Choosing a Funeral and Cremation Provider in Salt Lake City, UT
When a family death occurs, you may feel intense grief and pain at their passing. It can be upsetting to make the needful decisions to handle their mortal affairs and to lay the deceased to rest. Choosing the right funeral and cremation service provider in Salt Lake City, UT, is an important step for a family, one that will affect the quality of the funeral care received. As you begin researching and interviewing funeral homes, we recommend you keep in mind a handful of things:
Local Funeral Home
Depending on the goals and needs of the family, it’s a good idea to engage a funeral home that primarily services your local area. When funeral care is sought at a distance, excessive travel can become a burden on the family or individuals coordinating with the funeral home. The immediate community of friends and colleagues that will attend the service will also benefit by keeping services nearby. Sometimes there are special circumstances or family reasons that may lead a family to engage funeral care outside of the local community. In such cases, just be sure to weigh the benefits of the decision against the cost of remote care.
Provider Experience and Reputation
Trusting a funeral care provider with the body of your loved one can be uncomfortable. You may not be familiar with the funeral home and directors, their work, or their reputation. If you have the time, try to spend time with a potential funeral director and their staff. Ask questions about their time in the industry, their licensing, their expertise, and their experience serving families with similar funeral service requests.
Take note of how compatible they are with you and your needs. Are they attentive and caring? Are they interested in helping you and your family during this difficult time? Can they facilitate any cultural or family traditions you may wish to observe? Will they help you to personalize the services?
Funeral and Cremation Services in Salt Lake City, UT
A great funeral care provider will be ready and capable to help you bear the burden of planning a commemorative service that will honor your deceased loved one. Double check that they can provide the exact service that you need. Not every funeral home can provide a full-service experience. Rather, some of them specialize in select product offerings and outsource other services that customers may require. Outsourced services are not necessarily a bad thing, but you will want to be aware of any impact it can have on cost, time, and care of the deceased.
Here is a list of common funeral service options to consider and select from:
- Traditional Funeral Services: These generally include a viewing service, funeral, and graveside ceremony along with all attendant planning, staffing, and logistical needs, such as internment coordination and personalization. Done well, it is a timeless service that can help families and friends of the deceased to begin their healing journey.
- Cremations: A full-service funeral home will be able to provide this option in house to their customers. Cremations are less expensive than a traditional funeral and are considered to be more earth friendly. Ashes are portable.
- Preplanned funerals: When a living person takes the step to plan and pay for their funeral service long before there is a need, they are bestowing a gift of love and kindness on their surviving loved ones. By clearly documenting your final wishes, you reduce the stress and anxiety of your family and friends, avoid family conflict, and foster healing during an emotionally difficult time.
- Affordable Funeral Services: We believe it is important that families seeking funeral and cremation services in Salt Lake City, UT can receive the care they need for their fallen loved one at a reasonable price. That’s why we offer a variety of service options to our customers ranging from basic to premium care.
- Bereavement Support: When the anguish of loss is emotionally too much to handle on your own, there is help. Our professionals are ready to aid you or any family member who may need this support. For those who need ongoing support for a time, we can recommend qualified grief counselors.
If you have lost a loved one and are looking for funeral and cremation support in Salt Lake City, UT, visit us to learn how we can help you. Our dedicated staff adheres to high ethics and industry best practices. It is a great privilege for us to serve your family, both living and deceased. We strive to do so with dignity and respect. For more than one hundred years, Larkin Sunset Lawn has been a full-service funeral home, providing compassionate funeral and memorial care to families in our community. Our funeral home is located at 2350 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84108. Call us anytime at (801) 582-1582.